I haven't posted since December and I have lots of other things that I could be doing but thought I would leave a note on our family blog.
Life is busy- just like everyone else's. We are doing great here in Henderson. School will be ending on June 9th and I will be doing some fun summer classes this summer for kids 3-6 years.
I posted a new family picture- the kids are growing so fast...
When I was up at Women's conference a few weeks ago, Hilary Weeks said something that hit me. We will know our children for adults for the rest of eternity but we have the chance to be a part of their lives as they are children. So we need to take advantage of the sweet memories and moments that will be gone oh so quickly.
It is amazing to see them grow- go through challenges, see how much they love different things, their sweet personalities coming to life. It is hard to watch your last darling getting bigger and know that you won't go through these experiences again. My Cole is almost three and my Reed will be baptized this summer. It is all surreal and I am grateful that the Lord has given me all of these wonderful blessings in my life.
Here is our family in a nutshell..spring/summer edition :)
I am still teaching preschool and will be through the summer and then again in the next school year. We didn't know if Josh would be transferring but we are here for another year and we are looking forward to staying by awesome family and friends. I did have some mommy time up at Women's conference and I went with my sister Carli. Had a great time with her and learned alot. It was just a good chance to recharge and get refocused on life. I am now a Sunbeam teacher and I love my sweeties...three/four year olds is where the fun is at! Have alot to accomplish in the next few weeks with preschool graduation/summer classes starting and kids out of school- wish me luck!
Josh is still busy as ever with work but is doing awesome even though the economy is not the greatest- especially with hotels here in Vegas. He is also in the YM program still too- will be going on some big campout in June. He needs to start training now because it is going to be a winner! Josh will be having his birthday next week- can't believe how old we are getting. I remember thinking how old my age was back in the day- now we are there and other than the aches and pains here and there- mentally we are totally like 20-ish.
Emma is finishing her 5th grade year and will be going to JUNIOR HIGH in August. Yikes!! This is when I wish we still lived in AZ cause I still think 6th grade is too young to go to junior high. She is a major reader, has been babysitting and just purchased two guinea pigs with all the money she has saved over the jobs she has had. Hopefully we can keep her summer busy with some jobs to keep her savings up. She is also going to be taking some sewing classes and I am sure reading lots with the library summer reading program.
Reed is one busy boy- full of energy!! He has almost finished 2nd grade and is looking forward to a school-less summer. We are going to have him in tennis lessons to continue with his skills building and get rid of some excess energy. Our family will be at the pool and at the Springs Preserve enjoying the activities there. Reed will be getting baptized in August so we are excited for this big step in his life.
Owen is one obsessed child- with his bionicles and legos...His birthday was in April and all he got was legos and hero factory bionicles. Our lives and my house has been taken over with blessed pieces of plastic! He loves though and can play for hours with them. He is almost done with Kindergarten and is looking forward to all day at school- especially excited to be going to the lunch room! We have had a rocky first year but I think next year will be a good one for him. He also is looking forward to no more school. He has been getting into wrestling with Reed on the tramp and he is on a baseball team again this season. He loves it! Not as coordinated as the other kids but he loves it and I am glad he is giving it another try and he has patient coaches helping him.
Cole is almost three and it developing quite the personality! He is a lover but get him in the middle of his brothers and the fighter comes out of him. He is a smart little guy. He knows how to spell his name and counts up to 15. Coming into preschool at two really jump starts ones education and interest in learning because he wants to be doing all the things that the three and four year olds are doing. Cole is my errand buddy and he loves it- I have trained him well. He loves his grandparents and loves nursery and his leaders there. He is a lover and I am grateful the Lord finished our family with him!
Hopefully it doesn't take another 6 months to post but you never know...I am on here looking on everyone else's blogs just don't like to post as much on mine. Guess I don't think I have anything that exciting to share with the world :) That is us in a nutshell!
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
-
The publisher is using a new address for their RSS feed. Please update your
feed reader to use this new URL:
*http://www.keeperofthehome.org/feed*
6 years ago


2 comments:
Ya!!!!!! So glad you are alive sista!!Good to hear about your family's life....even if it was in a nutshell! :)
sorry--that was from me...tiffany...I hate that TOFW has a blog now...and you have to check it weekly and comment...and under their sign in info...then I have to log back out and put mine back in...so annoying. Are you helping with one this year??
Post a Comment