Sunday, May 24, 2009

Month and a half update

My friend Michelle did this on her blog and I thought it was great- just a run down of the last few months to highlight some of the fun moments. It has only been a month and a half but SO much has happened and I need to blog about it.

In April, we had a quick Easter celebration at home since we would be in California over the holiday weekend. We colored eggs and the Easter bunny was so kind to hide them before we went on our trip! I still don't know why the Easter bunny thinks we need so much candy!?!? I need to work on that one next year :)
We went to Legoland and Disneyland for a few days over Easter weekend and we wanted to celebrate Owen's fourth birthday at Disneyland! It was crazy busy so not as much fun as usually but we still had a blast! NOTE: Legoland is NOT all it is cracked up to be...I have 3 free tickets if anyone wants them that expire June 12th..first come first serve! Fun to do but not for multiple days. I liked the cities made out of Legos- it was the best part of the park- I was shocked with how cool it was!!

We had a lego birthday party for Owen when we got back- shocking, I know...LEGOS!! The kids spends HOURS a day playing with them. He had all the boys from Preschool come over and they played legos and in the backyard- seriously, the EASIEST party I have ever done- loved it and the boys enjoyed themselves too!

Later in the month, Josh took the boys to Fathers and sons camp out so it was just Em, Cole and I at home. I even think that Mamaw took Emma for the night so I was just chilling with my baby! They had a blast- no major incidences occurred which was shocking considering Reed was involved. They came home and had baths and there was a yucky ring around the bath because of how dirty they got. Josh got no sleep cause the boys were up numerous times during the night. Hey...that sounds familiar- that is every night for me!!

The following Friday, Josh and Emma went to the Daddy-daughter dance at Wilson Elementary. It was a sock hop theme...so Emma needed a poodle skirt. So with some instructions from the Internet- i made a skirt! i was pretty impressed with my skills and she looked so cute! They had a BLAST and enjoyed having some bonding time.

Reed and Emma both continued with T-Ball and Volleyball- improving with each game. I loved watching how much they learned. I was team mom for Reed's team- yes, I wonder what I get myself into sometimes. But it was fun to be involved and...be in charge of a PARTY! Nothing gets better than a party :)

The month of May was a blur- with finishing touches with preschool and end of the year celebrations- it was amazing that I got anything done! We got family pictures done again with Erika Loveland and she posted some on her blog. They turned out so cute! I am excited to see the finished results.

The kids' and preschool's last day of school was on the 21st. It was sad to see alot of my kids go- many are going to kindergarten or on to bigger and better things. Emma came home crying because she will miss school so much- Reed, on the other hand, did not have the same feelings as his sister. Not many kids do! They both had angel teachers this year and I cannot say enough thank yous for all they did for my children. I think as a teacher I know how much time and effort these teachers put into their lessons and activities and I appreciate it even more because of all they do. It will be interesting who they get next year???

My preschool graduation was on the 22nd- it turned out cute. The kids did great and we had a wonderful turnout. I did it at our church building and it was good that we did because the Primary room was full! I think I will post more of that on my preschool blog- the link is on the left- Kinder-Tots Preschool.

Josh took off with some friends this weekend to California to celebrate Mike's bachelor "party". A friend from Vegas, Adam Short, Josh and Mike drove to Cal and met up with Mike's cousin Johnny. They went to a Dodgers game (yuck) and hung out at the beach. He also celebrated his 32nd birthday today! Happy birthday dear!

I am off to Girl's camp all week coming up- pictures to come with that one. It should be a blast cause we have such amazing girls!! Josh goes to Cal and I go to Girls' camp- where is my vacation?!?!?

The following week we are off to Vegas for Mike & Aimee's wedding at the LV Temple. It should be fun! When we get back we get to celebrate Cole's 1st birthday!!! My baby is already almost a year old..sniff sniff- I am sad!!

The summer is here and we are off and running...

2 comments:

Jessica Hughes said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the update!!! The pictures of everyone are sooooo adorable! The kids are growing sooo fast! Its amazing how time flies! Kevin is now in his last year of residency. Man it goes by! I really love catching up on your life and love knowing that you are so happy, that you have such a good husband and that you are still close to the gospel. I love you and miss you!
Jessica

Katrina said...

I saw the pics! And I'm wildly curious to know how you met up with the Lovelands. The world is definitely shrinking!

My kids are also out of school, so send those tickets up here! We haven't been to Cali in awhile.

So good to see you. :D